<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, August 02, 2009

Result 

At the end of April I made a complaint to ING Direct about not being able to close an account. I wrote a letter of complaint that sounds frothing-at-the-mouth mad as I read it now but it got the facts across. I perhaps shouldn’t have used so many capitals but I was excessively angry.

Basically what happened was that I had an account that had a notice period but when I rang to give notice to close the account I was told to call back the next day. I did and I was told that it was all sorted out. A month later the money was still in the account and when I called to ask why I ended up speaking to some patronising woman who told me I should have given notice and that I would have to wait six months for the next exit window before I could get my money out.

So I wrote my letter. I didn’t expect anything to happen. I just wanted to vent my anger. However, every so often I would get a letter back from ING to say that they were looking into my complaint. I thought nothing of that. Form letter, I thought.

Then on Friday, I got another letter from them to say that they thought my complaint was quite just and were closing the account now (two months before the next exit window) and giving me my money and £30.

I just checked the account online and they have done as they said. The money is out of the impossible to touch account and in my regular savings account.

I did say in my complaint that I was going to close the savings account as I was so unhappy with their service but now I’m not so sure.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?