<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Mr and Mr Cliché 

I went for a bit of shopping at lunchtime. I didn't intend to buy anything, I just fancied a bit of a walk but my feet led me past Uni-qlo and I remembered I wanted a new fleece so I popped in.

In the queue to pay I got stuck behind two bears who were buying something. They weren't in any hurry and had a lovely chat with the salesman about his shirt and how much they loved the tiles on the wall behind the till (apparently made of glass on a white surface).

They were really living the stereotype - typical bearish butch bald head, butch facial hair, butch clothes and, of course, camper than a collection of pink tents in Earl's Court.

All very lovely and amusing and I am sure they were perfectly nice men. They really hit it off with the salesman as well but ... what about me? I was stuck behind this pair waiting to pay for my fleece and there were no other salesmen.

Times like that can send you homophobic.

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
Ah, maybe you should've countered one gay cliche with another -- taken a hissy fit and demanded immediate service? ;-)
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?