<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Perfectly full-frontal 

David and I are perhaps the only men in their forties who are fans of Louise Rennison's series of books for teenaged girls, The Confessions of Georgia Nicolson. We were first attracted to the books when we saw that OneWord, a now defunct broadcaster of audio books, had something with the title It's OK, I'm Wearing Really Big Knickers in it's listings for the month. How could we resist a title like that?

Big Knickers turned out to be the second in the Georgia Nicolson series.

Since then I have read all the books and get the latest one for my birthday each year. We also have listened to all of the audio versions of the books in the car on long journeys.

I was quite excited to see that a film was coming out of the first book, Angus, Thongs and Full-frontal Snogging. I wouldn't go and see it, of course. It's one thing to have the bottle to read a pink hardback decorated with flowers and lipsticks than it is to be the only man in a cinema full of teenaged girls. I might as well wear a full length dirty macintosh to complete the seedy image I would have by proxy.

I was also excited to see the first poster for the film this morning but immediately disappointed to see that the title of the film is Angus, Thongs and PERFECT Snogging.

Eh?

Perfect?

I can only assume that the title had to change to get it past the board of censors but, honestly, how are the words "full" and "frontal" going to corrupt the girls who are going to see the film? They will already be fans of the books and, gosh, know the full title and a whole lot more.

Blimey O'Reilly's trousers! I would have expected that sort of thing in Hamburger-a-gogo-Land but here? Billy Shakespeare would have a nervy B.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?