<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, July 20, 2007

Gym 

Yesterday, I had an appointment at the gym with the resident physiotherapist. She talked with me for a while, learnt how my knee operates and then devised a fiendishly difficult program for me to follow that should both make my knee better AND help me lose weight.

It's difficult, not because I am making some physical effort (which after nine months is a bit of a strain!) but because I have to concentrate on lots of things all at the same time. I have to make sure my knees don't drift outward when I am walking, cycling or rowing. I have to tighten my stomach (I think I should always have been doing that but never did), tighten my arse, keep my head up and my neck straight.

I'm going against forty two years of bad habits, many of which I should have corrected by continued use of the Alexander Technique.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?