<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Golden Jigsaw 

Edit: This article does not tell you where the Loquax piece can be found. That breaches the rules of the competition and besides I DON'T KNOW WHERE IT IS! Thanks to all those people who visited my blog looking for help. Sorry I didn't have it. Stick around next time and have a read. Now, what was I saying ... ?


The other day, I saw an article in the Metro about something called the Golden Jigsaw. I thought, at the time, that it sounded like a lot of fun.

The idea is that they send out clues which are anagrams of websites, you work out the name of the website, visit the website and find the number of jigsaw pieces that have been told to find. Then you download the pieces and slot them on to the board you have downloaded.

Two days and seven pieces in and I am giving up. It is hopeless.

Day one found people looking for pieces on a website that just could not cope with the sudden influx of visitors and became unbearably and painfully slow. The website realised this eventually and moved all the pieces in a place where they could easily and quickly found.

Day two had one piece hidden somewhere on a huge competition portal site called Loquax.co.uk. That's when I saw the competition for what it was and gave up.

This is, of course, solely a means for web-based companies to get themselves noticed. Loquax are hoping people will like what they see and visit it on a more regular basis.

It is a good idea. There are lots of nooks and crannies on the web that need publicity. This, however, has been poorly executed. In order to keep people looking, the pieces need to be easier to find, at least at these early stages. I, for one, don't want to spend hours trying to decipher an anagram or search every page on a website for a piece of a jigsaw.

Sorry, Golden Jigsaw, you lost me.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?