<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Hiking boots 

I have mentioned my sponsored walk in May. I decided that, if I am walking 11 miles, I need to do it in comfort and I should get a new pair of hiking boots. My old pair had to be retired four years ago because my feet expanded. My little toe became immensely sore and my toe nail fell off after I did the same walk that year.

Have you ever tried buying hiking boots when you have wide feet? I have been trying all week. I work in London so I tried three or four "outdoor" type shops in town for hiking boots but everything I tried were way too narrow, too expensive or both. In the end I bought some locally in Bromley from Millets who were having a closing-down-for-a-refit sale. Amazingly, the boots I bought were both comfortable and cheap. Result!

I normally have a size 10 or 11 shoe but ended up buying size 13 boots! Can you imagine? Size 13! Clown shoes.

By the way, I'm quite happy to take money off you via JustGiving for St Christopher's Hospice. They did a marvelous job for us in 1991 when my mother died and I can never repay what they did for her and for all of us.

Even if you don't know me, the hospice, and more importantly, the patients and families in its care will benefit. Give!

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?