<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Learning 

I've just been on a seven day Microsoft MCAD course. Boy, was it intense!

Each day we had classes from 8.30am to 8pm with a half-hour lunch and a few 5 minute breaks. After the classes we had reading each night, which generally took us to 11pm and then we just went to bed. There were exams on Wednesday, Friday and today (Sunday). I passed two of them and just scraped a fail on the other one.

This was from last Sunday until this morning. It has been a long time since I have worked that hard.

Although I have passed the tests, I'm not convinced I will retain a lot of the information. It feels a lot like the cramming I used to do for exams at school and university. In fact I felt that the information that I successfully used for the exam on Wednesday wasn't there this morning. However, enough must have been there as I passed that exam as well.

Still, 7 days. I can scarcely believe that I managed it. Nor can I believe I passed two of the three exams. I feel vaguely smug, however, that I did.

I have to go back in a few weeks time to retake the exam I failed and to take the second half of the course. Part of me is thinking "oh no, not again" but I am surprised to realise that another part of me is actually looking forward to it.

Gosh, is this the long-overdue return of my work-ethic?

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?