<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 06, 2006

Fireworks - OUCH! 

For my international readers, I should explain that the major use of fireworks in the UK is for Guy Fawkes day, the annual celebration of a foiled plot to blow up the Houses of Parliament. No other event sees the skies lit up in quite the same way although the New Year celebrations are getting close.

There are many injuries caused by fireworks every year. Most of these are caused by people being careless with their own fireworks. I am not one of them. I have never bought my own fireworks as private displays are never as good as a public display. There is a great difference between seeing fireworks that go *pop* and ones that go BOOM!

However, the one downside of public firework displays is that you find yourself walking along in the dark with a lot of other people. It's no excuse, of course, but that's how I came to walk straight into a concrete bollard on Saturday night. It hurt at the time but then was OK for the display and didn't hurt at all yesterday but today is a different story.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?