<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Telephone spam 

We all get email spam and all, hopefully, have spam filters to deal with it. Most of us delete it with no thought together with the phishing emails and the other junk that clutters our in-boxes. It is a minor annoyance.

I just had a spam phone call. These are rare things but very annoying nonetheless. There is something more immediate about a phone call. A ringing phone demands your attention. So, by the time I have put whatever music I have been listening to on hold and taken the earphone out of my ear and picked up the phone, I'm fairly keen to find out who wants to speak to me.

It is therefore intensely disappointing to have some recorded American voice bellowing in my ear about holidays.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?