<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 30, 2006

I smelt a smell that wasn't there 

I had a nasal hallucination on Friday night. I woke up and could smell popcorn very strongly. It wasn't really there. I could tell that much. If I concentrated I could smell other things, the bed, the pillow, me but, in my head, I could smell popcorn.

It was sickly sweet and rather strong. It actually made me feel a bit sick.

I've worked out why I smelt it but it's not nice. Read on if you dare!

I get cold sores and have done ever since I was a child. One place I get them is in my right nostril. You could probably make as much of a guess as to how they got there as I. They crop up there occasionally and look slightly less unsightly than they would on my lip.

Anyhow, I noticed a batch on Saturday morning so I guess my phantom smell was the cold sores. Is this a scientific first? Cold sores smell like popcorn?

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?