<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, October 27, 2006

Adam and the Ants 

Oh dear. Yes, that's right. This posting is about Adam and the Ants.

Goodness knows why I liked them originally. I've got a vague idea it was something to do with a boy I fancied at school or something to do with starting to enjoy music about a decade after my peers. I don't know. I just remember the music formed a big part of my late teens.

I recently bought the CD versions of the vinyl I used to listen to for £5 each at HMV. I listened to them and was pleasantly surprised to find that I enjoyed them. Not just the hits (Ant Music, Stand and Deliver, Prince Charming) but some of the other tracks that I remember enjoying which weren't commercial successes (Picasso Visita El Planeta De Los Simios [Picasso visits the Planet of the Apes], S.E.X.] and even some tracks that I thought were complete self-indulgent claptrap at the time (Mile High Club, Mowhok, Feed Me To The Lions).

There were some that were complete rubbish, however.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?