<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

This is a card shop, not a brothel! 

There's a saying that all the world loves a lover. Is that really true?

Last night I popped into Clinton's on the way home to get a birthday card for my brother. He's out of hospital by the way and will be spending his birthday at home.

There was a foreign tourist couple in there and I could hear them in the background, chattering away and giggling. Obviously, they were on a romantic break in London.

Why, for goodness sake? This is London. LONDON. How is this place romantic? But I digress...

Anyway, there I was, looking at cards, trying to work out whether I wanted to send him a funny card (they're getting a little too near-the-knuckle these days) or something a little more sentimental. The giggling and chattering faded into the background. I didn't hear it. It's part of the general background noise in London.

Then all of a sudden the lovers started a bout of very loud uninhibited snogging. This annoys me. It is bloody rude. Why do some straight couples think that everyone wants to see them licking each other's tonsils? I don't want to be part of another couple's love life, thank you very much.

I would have loved to have told them to get a room but I'm far too restrained for that. Besides they were foreign. I didn't want to have to explain the concept or, worse, mime. Can you imagine?

I can think of a hundred better places to get smoochy than Clinton's Cards. Perhaps it's the envelopes.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?