<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Misogyny for beginners 

My housemate Graham (who now has a blog of his own) pointed out to me that my blog seems to give the impression that I am some sort of misogynist. I suppose I would agree with that. It DOES give that impression, however, I am not a misogynist: I might be gay but I do like women. Some of my best friends are female!

Why is that? In this blog, I write about things that catch my attention, thoughts that wander through my head and things that annoy me. It's unfortunate that the things that annoy me on my way into work have mostly been done by women. I can't do anything about that. Men have annoyed me on the way to work but less often. None have applied make-up on the train. Some have chatted about rubbish and with typical macho posturing. A few have even texted incessently - the worst without turning off their key-beeps. Ignorant buggers!

I could have talked about the two guys that chatter away in Russian with smug glances at the other passengers but that could have been construed as racist. Or the white boys that pretend to be black. Ditto, I think. Or the straight couples that snog each other's faces off. Er ... heterophobic?

I haven't singled out any particular instances of annoyance. It's just that they either don't happen often enough or anger me enough for me to remember to blog about them once I get to a computer. I'll try to remember next time.

To paraphrase Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett's book, Good Omens (it's brilliant - go and buy it at once!), all Southerners annoy me and, by definition, I live at the North Pole.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?