<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 27, 2006

Tolerance? 

Today I got to Orpington station early enough to get the early train. I hadn't made a special effort to get it, I was just early. That train was, howevever, cancelled so I got my normal train after all. It filled up quite quickly, unsurprisingly, as there were two train loads of people getting on the one train.

I can't remember if I mentioned it before but Orpington is a terminus for commuter trains heading into London and this means that I can always get a seat on the train. So there were no problems there.

Two old women sat opposite me. They talked a lot in that repetitive rambling way that old ladies do but I was able to drown them out with my iPod. Abba covers a multitude of sins.

No-one sat next to me until Petts Wood, the next station, when a large woman got on. I was a bit squashed but it wasn't a problem. She didn't fidget, put on make-up or smell of strong perfume.

When we got to London, we were a bit late so I got the tube. That was a mistake. The tube trains were fuller than the train. Goodness knows what was going on there. The only mild annoyance there was some prat with a bag who wouldn't take it off his shoulder despite the carriage being packed to the brim.

This is a long and boring post with the only intention of saying that I didn't get stressed by any of this. I was beginning to think that I was becoming a grumpy old bastard but it seems that I only react strongly to certain stimuli: strong smells, annoying noises and make-up.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?